QEMU PRIP 5 - support for microMIPS Release 6
(Redirected from QEMU PRIP 50 - support for microMIPS Release 6)
- As a QEMU user I can run microMIPS R6-specific programs in system emulation as well as in user-land emulation mode.
- As a QEMU user I can run microMIPS R6-specific programs in system emulation with UHI semi-hosting.
- Implement new microMIPS Release 6 instructions to allow QEMU to emulate latest MIPS CPU with microMIPS.
Reference: The microMIPS32 Instruction Set v6.02 (http://imgtec.com/mips/architectures/mips32/)
- Obtain the latest upstream QEMU v2.4.0 as patches for microMIPS32 R6 has been already applied.
- Enable support of disassembler for microMIPS.
QEMU doesn't have working disassembler for microMIPS therefore it would be hard to debug microMIPS applications on QEMU.
- Initially microMIPS32 R6 will be on focus as microMIPS64 has not been implemented in QEMU
- microMIPS64 R6 shall be followed after implementing pre-R6 microMIPS64.