QEMU PRIP 4 - MIPS I6400 CPU emulation
- As a QEMU user I can run Linux kernel configured for MIPS I6400 CPU
- As a QEMU user I'm able to obtain tools and build Linux kernel configured for MIPS I6400 CPU
- Set of features which will allow QEMU to emulate MIPS I6400 CPU.
- User-mode emulation support for the o32, n32 and n64 ABI extensions.
Matthew's proposal: http://lists.prplfoundation.org/pipermail/qemu/2014-November/000045.html
- Semi-hosting to ease bare-metal software development.
- The development branch would be based on the top of PRIP3 which is rebased into v2.2.0 to make it easy to upstream it.
- Need to localize tools supporting MIPS64R6 and try to build and run Linux kernel configured for I6400 containing above features
- Virtualization is a big feature, it requires splitting into smaller features. This will be done in a separate PRIP dedicated for VZ.